Monday, June 21, 2021

Coffee Cup Ramblings and Ridiculous Poetry: Trying new things



Hello, All! 

I'm a little slow at getting this blog post put together today. No real excuse for the delay other than I spent the morning and part of the afternoon with my hubby before he took off for work. We did fun stuff, like drank coffee, worked in the yard, and ate leftover pizza. lol

The theme for this week's post is Trying New Things. Actually, two of the three things listed below I've done in the past, just not recently, so it's more like re-trying them. The third thing is something I've been fascinated with for a while, but never took the time to experience one...until today.



 

I've wanted a dart board for about a year. Weird, right? I'm not sure where or why I get these ideas. When I bounce them off my husband he smiles and probably thinks, she'll forget about that. Silly rabbit. I recently gave him another subtle hint and voila! We have a dart board mounted on our garage wall. You can tell I need a lot of practice as evidenced by where my darts landed. The first day we played, mine mostly found the floor. At least now I'm hitting the board. 

Another brainstorm I recently had involved a bow and arrow. Hubby laughed. When I raised an eyebrow, he said, "Ohhh, you're serious." For Mother's Day we made a trip to a sporting goods store and guess what we came home with?



 

Robin Hood's got nothing on me, well, except for a cool hat. 




The bow is youth size, which works for me. I set up a target in our back yard and sling arrows. They usually go everywhere, except where they're supposed to. (Watch out neighbors) Practice makes perfect. One of these days I might hit the bulls eye. #Goals

On to the third thing. Every year when the Kentucky Derby rolls around I mention trying a mint julep. The derby comes and goes. No mint juleps. Well, today, I decided who needs a horse race. I can just make a julep. So I did. 




I seldom drink bourbon. Okay, the truth is, I never drink the stuff. My taste buds are partial to an occasional glass of fermented crushed grapes. But I have to say, the sugar, water, fresh mint, and bourbon combo that made up the mint julep wasn't bad. I can now mark that off my bucket list.

Do you have some things you've been wanting to try or re-try, just for the sake of doing it?  

I know at some point I'll work at least one or more of these things into one of my books. 

📚 

My bad poetry awaits you...

 

I have a bow and arrow, 

yet I'm not Cupid.

I write romance,

that's not disputed. 

My words aim for the heart,

so much better than using darts.   


*Poetry contests are not in my future.* 😂


Have a great week!

~ Jan


www.authorjanromes.com









     



 



2 comments:

  1. On my bucket list is skinny dipping. Going to go for it in about 3 weeks. I have Wanted to do this since I was a kid and 1st heard about it but I never had opportunity. Well I am going to change that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If that's on your list, go for it! Good luck!

      Delete