Monday, June 14, 2021

Coffee Cup Ramblings and Ridiculous Poetry - Romantic Breakfasts

 


Now that I've snagged your attention with that mouthwatering breakfast picture, good morning! I hope all of you are well and that you're gearing up to have a great week.     

At the moment, a pot of coffee is brewing and the idea for my Monday morning Coffee Cup Ramblings and Ridiculous Poetry has been decided. It was a toss-up between kitchen goddess (which I'm not) or a romantic breakfast. Guess which one I'm going with? 

If you picked breakfast, ding - ding, you're a winner! Your prize? This post. *That's as cheesy as the Colby topping those eggs.*

So a romantic breakfast...

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day and when I don't have to cook it, life gets even better. 

Does breakfast in bed come to mind when I say romantic breakfast? Some will give a hearty yes. You can't see me, but I'm shaking my head no.  

In movies, breakfast in bed looks glamorous. In reality, (at least for me) it would be a train wreck. Did I mention I'm not the most coordinated person in the world? If hubby brought me a tray with food and a flower in a small vase, first of all, I'd faint. Secondly, I'd be searching for the napkin because I would've just knocked over the vase. I cringe at the thought of taking a bite of scrambled eggs and half of them landing on the sheets or a sausage link going end over end on the comforter. While I'm poking fun at myself, the scenario is darn accurate. LOL

Don't get me wrong, I still associate romance with breakfast, just in a different setting; one that involves a waiter or waitress and fancy-smancy coffee cups. 




I'm a coffee cup fanatic. If I had room in my kitchen, I'd have cupboards filled with them. Since we also need plates and bowls, space is limited. I digress.

Back to romance and breakfast. For me, breakfast at a restaurant is a special time because hunky hubby and me have great conversations over cups of coffee and plates of eggs. At home, it's hard to tune out the things beckoning to be done and we inevitably hop up from the table for one reason or another. At a restaurant, even a crowded one, we settle in and enjoy each other's company. Sound mushy? Yep, it sure does, but it's also awesome. We drink coffee, focus on us, eat some incredible food, and once in a while play footsie under the table (mostly by accident). What could be more romantic? (Okay there are other ways that are considerably more romantic, but you get my drift. Right?) 

Breakfast with its simplicity and one-on-one time with the love of my life is romantic to me. Is it the same for you with yours? 



    

Here's what you've been waiting breathlessly for...some really good poetry (cough)...  


A table for two, my heart's all aflutter,

when we sit across from each other with biscuits and butter.

Sometimes it's pancakes and bacon,

but it's eggs we prefer that they be amakin'.

Small talk and romance, as simple as can be,

for me it's breakfast, what is it for thee? 


Did you roll your eyes at the poem? I did. 

I'm working on two different writing projects so I'll be in the writing cave most of the week. Wish me luck. :)

Stay cool and find joy in the little things...like eggs!

Virtual hugs all around,

~ Jan

 

 







 









 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment