Thursday, July 15, 2021

Coffee Cup Ramblings and Ridiculous Poetry: Kind of muddy, but cool!

 








Hello, Friends!

Hope you all are having a great week! 

Today's episode of Coffee Cup Ramblings and Ridiculous Poetry is about Mud (I kid you not).

What can one say about mud? Plenty. First, the serious part of the topic. Mud is so much more than just dirt mixed with water. Take this mug for example. My sister gave it to me a few years ago as a gift and I've cherished it ever since. She bought it from a great group of folks at MudLove.com. They make some amazing products and they also do a lot of good for humanity. One of their projects is to help bring clean water to areas in Africa that are so in need.

Now about the mud-mud portion of this post...

I think we all have a deep fascination with mud. Some will 'fess up to it, others will shake their heads no. Before you snicker or blow off the idea, hear me out.

Did you jump in mud puddles as a kid...and enjoy it? I know I did. 
Mud, dirt, silt, soil, clay or however you refer to it, is awesome! Just how awesome, you ask? Well, there's mud wrestling, mud bogging, mud baths, mud masks, adobe. Without mud there'd be no coffee cups. Need I say more? 

Did you know that mud can be smeared across the skin as a mosquito repellent? It's also an old-time treatment for bee stings. Pigs wallow in it to stay cool.   

To further the idea that we have a weird fascination for mud, there's a drink called Mississippi Mud and a dessert known as Mississippi Mud Pie. There's also something called Dirt Dessert.

Let's not forget how much fun and mud comes with dirt bikes. 

When you get right down to it, we're all about mud! 

Ready for some bad mud poetry?   

It's better to fall into squishy mud,
than to land on hard ground with a jarring thud. 
In the grimy grit I stomp to splatter,
my clothes are a fright, but that doesn't matter.  
Up my nose and between my toes,
to clean me up I'll need a hose.
I would recommend you not be a dud, 
go ahead, play in the mud. 

(A few tall glasses of Mississippi Mud and you'll think that poem is hilarious! 😂 )





Until next time, make each day unique and have some fun! 

Big love to y'all,

Jan


To find my books, you can go to my website or Amazon author page:



 
 

 







 

 







   

  

4 comments:

  1. What a delightful blog, Jan! Loved the poem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisette!! I appreciate you reading my post, especially the wacky poem. I love writing about off-the-wall things. :-))) Hugs, my friend!

      Delete
  2. Yes I jumped in mud puddles!! Cute poem my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should make a point to jump in them again, although we may get strange looks from just about everybody - including our husbands. LOL Thanks for reading my post, Kim, especially my bad poetry!! Giant hug!!

      Delete