Saturday, December 26, 2020

A Year of Tears

I'm no poet, but today I was inspired to write my thoughts about 2020 and I wanted to share my scribblings. 


A YEAR OF TEARS...


Dark and difficult, 2020 has been rough

Hearts broken, our feelings are raw

The chaos has not ceased,  

And the road remains tough. 

A virus invaded like a giant claw

Until it hurt, no one saw.

It pillaged and plundered,

Many took a hit. 

A horrible blunder,

Families have been split.

A terror specific, yet not the only one

Other heartaches also stole the sun.

Cancer, heart disease, accidents and more

We've lost plenty,

And it's rattled our very core.

A trying time filled with fear,

Lives shattered.

Our eyes have leaked a billion tears 

When the madness finally clears,

One thing will stand firm and true, 

The love we showed, is all that mattered.  





2020 Copyright

Jan Romes


  




 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you for popping in to read by post. I appreciate your kind comment. Wishing you a happy and healthy 2021.

      Delete