Tuesday, October 2, 2012

THE NEXT BIG THING: Week 15

This blog post is part of THE NEXT BIG THING and I was nominated by Melodie Ramone . Thanks, Melodie, for tagging me for this fun blog hop!

Today, I'd like to talk about my latest release, THREE DAYS WITH MOLLY! The story of country-rock star, Finn Riley and lawyer aide, Molly Williams was a fun story to write! Finn, a self-proclaimed 'heartless bastard' is about to embark on a summer concert tour and he's in dire need of a personal assistant to cook and clean for him. Molly Williams and her lawyer boss are stressed to the breaking point. Out of the clear blue, the boss gifts Molly with three months off with pay while he heads to the Caribbean for a breather. Molly's friend hooks her up as Finn's assistant. Trouble brews the second she steps on the tour bus!

Here are the list of questions for The Next Big Thing, and my answers:

What is the working title of your book?

Three Days With Molly!

Where did the idea come from for the book?

I thought it would be fun to throw two characters together in close quarters to see if they would fall in love or kill each other. A tour bus seemed like a good choice.

What genre does your book fall under?

Definitely contemporary romance, but it's so much more: humor, spice, comedy, and love!

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

When I started writing Three Days With Molly I saw country singer, Jerrod Niemann, as Finn Riley. Since the question is which actor... hmm...maybe Bradley Cooper.

As Molly, hands down it would be Anne Hathaway!

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

Can two work-aholics with trust issues lighten up long enough to follow their hearts, or will they kill each other before the summer concert tour is over?

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

I've self-published Three Days With Molly!

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

I started this story on May 1, 2012 and published September 12, 2012 - My first draft was done somewhere in between. I have no specific date, but I would say early August.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

I think my books favor Jenny Crusie's books. Her books are funny and have quirky characters. I'd like to think mine are the same.

Who or what inspired you to write this book?

When I get an idea, I tuck it in a folder. After I complete one book, I'm looking for the next one to write. A quick search of the folder produced the scrap piece of paper with notes about falling in love on a tour bus.

What else about your book might pique the reader's interest?

I think it would be the unusual situations that Finn and Molly find themselves in. Even though the main stage of the story is a tour bus, everything doesn't take place there. I also think the secondary characters are a fun addition to the story.

If you'd like to read Finn and Molly's story, you can find Three Days With Molly on both Amazon  http://www.amazon.com/Three-Days-With-Molly-ebook/dp/B0099SDQMS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349195836&sr=8-1&keywords=three+days+with+molly and also on Barnes and Noble http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/three-days-with-molly-jan-romes/1112878875

Thanks again, Melodie Ramone!

I'd like to tag the following people to keep this fun blog hop going:

Sharon Saracino

Debra Burroughs

Denise Moncrief

Kevin Rau

Joya Fields







2 comments:

  1. Love the bit about throwing people together in close quarters, Jan (: Could do with some romance and humor on my reading list, so adding your "Three Days With Molly" to my TR's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. J.P., imagining Finn & Molly in limited space was fun, especially with Finn being a self-professed H.B. *grins*. Thank you so much for adding Three Days With Molly to your TR's :-))

    Hugs,

    Jan

    ReplyDelete