Sunday, January 22, 2012

A fancy, smancy breakfast!

Breakfast has always been my favorite meal! It can be as simple as a bowl of cereal or two eggs over-hard with whole wheat toast. Occasionally, I like to start the day with a little more elegance: toasted egg cups*, bowl of strawberries, and a cup of cinnamon twist coffee!

*I have a handwritten recipe for Toasted Egg Cups on a yellowing, stained 3 x 5 recipe card. (I believe I copied the recipe when I was first married - no idea whom the recipe originally belongs to) Would like to share it with you in case you too like to snazzy up your morning meal.

TOASTED EGG CUPS:

Ingredients --
4 eggs
4 slices of white or wheat bread
1/4 cup milk
salt
pepper
2 Tbsp. butter or margarine

Spray muffin pan with Pam. Trim crusts from bread. Press a slice of bread
into each space in your muffin pan. Melt butter & coat the inside of the toast
cups. Bake at 350 degrees - I check mine after 10 minutes and add more time
if needed. (I like mine just lightly golden brown.) Scramble your eggs with
1/4 cup of milk. When bread cups are done, fill with scrambled eggs. To add
more zip top with crispy bacon pieces, ham, cheese, green onions or sauteed
mushrooms. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment