Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Keeping Kylee - book #2 Texas Boys Falling Fast Series - excerpt


I love this scene from Keeping Kylee. It made me laugh when I wrote it and made me laugh just now as I contemplated posting it.

Kylee's working in a bar and is on a three step ladder. She makes a wrong move and the ladder kicks out from under her. Quinn Randel is there and saves her from hitting the floor. After a few embarrassed moments for Kylee, Quinn gives her space and treks to the coffee pot to pour himself a cup. Kylee goes to the table where two women are celebrating a birthday....


"You ladies ready for a refill?"

One gal grinned from ear to ear. "You okay, hon?"

"I'm fine. I had a klutzy moment. Luckily, I didn't break anything."

The second woman chuckled. "Chantel is just being nosey. We witnessed a whole lot of yummy going on between you and..." She pointed to Quinn, who had his back to them.

"His Royal Highness?" Kylee giggled.

"He's royalty?" The woman's eyes widened.

Kylee smirked. "He thinks he is."

"Ahhh. One of those." Chantel's brown eyes danced with amusement. "We've been burned by a prince or two, haven't we Gloria?"

"We sure have," Gloria jiggled with a laugh. "Be careful, sweetie. He might seem like he's all that, but at the end of the day, he burps and farts like a commoner."

Their wicked senses of humor were exactly what Kylee needed to lighten up. "I love you, ladies."

Chantel patted Kylee's upper arm. "Hate to leave ya alone while his princeliness is here, but we're doing a pub crawl by way of the bus. If we're going to make the next one, we have to get moving." She slid from the booth. "Be on your guard, doll. That prince has too much going for him. Yowza! He has a sweet body." 


*I wanted to make you aware that this story is sweet with romance, but there's also a little spice.* 

If you're interested in reading Keeping Kylee you can find it on my website or on Amazon. 

Jan's website

Keeping Kylee on Amazon


Thank you for popping in to read the excerpt. I hope you enjoyed the humor in the scene. 

~ Jan    

No comments:

Post a Comment