Monday, May 31, 2021

Coffee Cup Ramblings and Ridiculous Poetry - The Lake Effect

Hello, All...

First and foremost before I get to rambling, today is Memorial Day and I want to take a moment to honor those who have given the ultimate sacrifice while serving their country. 


Okay, on to the post...

It's Monday morning, which means another episode of Coffee Cup Ramblings and Ridiculous Poetry. I know you've been on the edge of your seat waiting for this (or maybe not...ha 😁 ) As with the first segment, this is not a well-thought-out post. I'm winging it, folks! 

Here goes...

I recently made a trip to Grand Lake St. Mary's to write and read. So while I indulge in a steaming hot cup of java, I'm going to reflect on today's topic:  The Lake Effect




In our part of the country, lake effect usually means the weather goddess picks up moisture from one or all five of the Great Lakes and proceeds to turn it into downpours or a snow plow's nightmare. For me though, the term has a more positive impact. When the creative gnomes in my frontal cortex start to mutiny, it's time to head to my happy place to give them what they need.  



Our digs at the campground aren't fancy by any stretch of the imagination, but I don't need fancy. I just need an occasional change of scenery. 

This particular visit was relaxing and productive. I sat outside with my laptop and an insulated mug of steaming hot coffee. The laptop wouldn't connect to the internet, so I MacGyver'd my manuscript with an old-school technique. 



   

Creative gnomes must love the soothing sounds of tree birds and honking from geese because my manuscript now has a few new chapters. Of course, the gnomes were kept bug-eyed with caffeine so they had to do something.

I love being home, but I love being at the lake. If I had to choose one over the other, the lake would win hands down.

We all have a place that speaks to our soul. Where's yours?

⛾⛾


On to some really bad poetry... 


Without a writing and laughing gnome,

my thoughts go here and there, they like to roam.

Those red capped, bearded elves inspire,

if they don't I perspire.

They reside in my frontal cortex,

or maybe in a cerebral vortex.

It's a well-gnome fact,

without them I'd be sacked.


LOL...I did warn you it would be bad!



  

If you've made it this far in the post, it means you didn't click out. Thanks for hanging with.  

Until next time, take good care and try your hand at writing some bad poetry. 

If you'd like to see what else the gnomes inspired, check out my website: 

Jan's Website




3 comments:

  1. Your poems are SO much fun, Jan! I love them. The lake kind of reminds me of a setting for TUCKED AWAY (one of my favorites).

    I've been trying to get out more and more now. I can be in the mountains in five minutes, but the beach takes a bit longer. There are more beautiful beaches I want to visit, but alas, I can't take my boy to most of them. But it does help to get out, doesn't it?

    Hope the scenery continues to inspire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like them, Lisette. It's fun playing with poetry and winging blog posts. Thanks for popping in and leaving a comment. I appreciate you so much!!

      Delete
  2. I’m. Not a fan of gnomes, I am a fan of yours, so gnomes keep one of my favorite authors and most of all friend writing. Keep the words and stories running through that magical brain of hers.
    I love the beach the most! Would love to live within walking distance one day.
    I’ll be reading Tucked away by the pool real soon, opening it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete