Tuesday, November 25, 2014

An interview with Sandy Appleyard!

I enjoy interviewing other authors as a way to get to know the person behind their books. I thought it would be fun to find out more about Sandy Appleyard from the Great White North -- Canada! 

Welcome Sandy!




Sandy Appleyard

Here's Sandy's bio:

I'm a Canadian multi-genre author who writes both fiction and non-fiction. Writing non-fiction for me was inspired by the need to share personal life stories. Afterward, since I'd read so many fiction titles, I wanted to take a stab at it myself. I fell in love with it and the rest is history.


Can you tell us a little more about the stories you write? 

My first two memoirs are based on my own life; about struggles I've encountered that I wanted to share in hopes to spread support and understanding. The most recent of my memoirs is a humorous diary of all the funny things my kids have said since they were born.

In romantic suspense, my main goal is to blend both personal knowledge and imagination to create interesting characters and situations. The characters you'll meet are murderers and serial killers, lovers, strangers, police officers, unloving mothers, cowards and unsung heroes. 


How many books have you written?

So far there are eleven books completed but only six are published at this time.


Is there a general theme?

Yes; mystery, intrigue, passion and love...and happy endings.


Are you a full-time writer?

Very proudly so, yes.


Is there anyone who influenced you to become a writer? Perhaps a teacher, relative, friend, or favorite author?

There wasn't a particular person who inspired me to write, but a situation: too many thoughts stirring in my mind and no outlet.


What aspect of writing excites you the most?

New ideas and watching those ideas come to fruition. There isn't anything I dislike about writing; even editing births new ideas and skills.


If you could slip away for a few months to do nothing but write, where you would go?

Either California or Arkansas...your brow is lifting! Many of my stories take place in California and I've NEVER been there but always wanted to. One of my most touching stories (called 'She Only Speaks to Butterflies' - not yet published) takes place in a town within Arkansas, and I would love to visit to see if I wrote true to form. 


Can you tell us about your latest release?



Don't Mess With Daddy's Girl is a romantic suspense, and the second in a series. The book is a stand-alone novel just like the others, so if you read one you won't have missed anything. This is a story about Jessica, who is the Chief of Police's daughter, and her stock-broker boyfriend Michael. They bicker over one of his stocks, Saigon, Jessica's plight being that he seems to care more about Saigon than her. Michael gets the chance to prove his love for Jessica when she is suddenly kidnapped at a family wedding. Shockingly, once the Chief of Police begins digging into clues, he learns that his daughter's kidnapper is linked to Michael.

Stealing verbatim from one of the reviews, "The story truly has all the makings of a made for TV crime drama." That is a poignant way to describe this book. I'm a huge fan of the TV shows, Criminal Minds and Murdoch Mysteries, and much of the twists in my work are inspired from the mechanics of these particular shows.


What are you currently working on?

On my desk right now is a very touching, dramatic story about a young actress who, in her youth, falls in love with an actor, and later seeks him out. But when he falls in love and marries her, he doesn't marry the real her; just a sanitized version. After she's involved in a near-fatal plane crash, he learns who she really is, as she remains comatose in the hospital. The book is to be called, Would You Still Love Me?


When you're not writing, what do you like to do?

My children are my life. Before I became a writer I was a stay-at-home mom, and in fact, my kids, as mentioned earlier, are what inspired me to write, No Thanks, Mommy, I Peed Yesterday. Both my girls have an incredible sense of humour and adventure...no idea where they got it from ;)





It's been a joy having you here, Sandy! Your books sound incredible. Best wishes with your writing and your career.


If you'd like to follow Sandy, you can find her here:

Website:  www.sandyappleyard.com

Blog:  www.sandyappleyard.com/posts/

Twitter:  www.twitter.com/sandyappleyard

Facebook:  www.facebook.com/wordscanexpress

Goodreads:  https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5757155.Sandy_Appleyard

Amazon Author Page: http://www.amazon.com/Sandy-Appleyard/e/B00AMRFW6S

LinkedIn:  http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/sandy-appleyard/52/19a/256/




















No comments:

Post a Comment