Friday, November 7, 2014

An interview with Carol Rose!



Today I have the pleasure of welcoming author Carol Rose to my blog! 

When I was preparing the information for this post, I sent Carol a note telling her that when I read her bio on Amazon I discovered she'd written twenty books, has a family, works as a therapist, and is an active member in her local chapter of Romance Writers of America. I asked how she juggles all that and maintains her sanity. I received a clever response:

Jan, let's not assume I'm sane.

LOL love it! That immediately told me Carol and I would get along just fine!

On with the interview...

Carol, can you explain a little bit about your writing style?

I always struggle to answer this because I don't have much consciousness of my style. Readers have given me everything from extravagant praise to outright indignation. Thankfully, most fall toward the more appreciative side.

You have some different and interesting titles for your books. (Here are a few: Roy's Rent-A-Hubby, Momentary Marriage, Always, The Favored One, Forgotten Father, and many more) Does naming your stories come easy?

Titles can be easy and automatic or very difficult. The writing, however, is kind of like breathing for me. Plotting is a different kettle of fish. I have to work at that.

Are there any specific messages or topics you like to write about?

While I can enjoy reading other romance genres, I really love writing about real life people dealing with real life relationships and making these work. It's kind of my thing.

If your muse gets stuck, how do you get it going again?

I watch movies, read books and take naps -- that is, I stop trying so hard.

Is there one aspect of writing you find particularly challenging and have to power through?

It's silly, but I have to make myself power through the last chapter of books. Also, action scenes can take specific effort?

Tell us something, non-writing related, that you've always wanted to do.

Live for six months in New York City. I don't want to stay there forever (I like driving too much), but I love the city.

Are you busy working on a story or do you have book #21 coming out soon?

My most recent release is Thankfully Yours (Holiday Romance Series, #3). I'm currently finishing up, Smooched -- the first in my Blue Collar Boys series. This is Case's story. The guys do architectural salvage, which fascinates me. I'm looking to release the first three books in the series next fall. 

Thanks for being here today, Carol! Come back anytime.

If you'd like to catch up with Carol and her incredible books, she can be found at these locations:

Website - www.CarolRoseBooks.com

Twitter - @CarolRoseBooks

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/carol.rose.author

Amazon Author page - http://www.amazon.com/Carol-Rose/e/B001KI1OVA/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1415382859&sr=8-2-ent




No comments:

Post a Comment